Chinese People Walking
I like to observe people and think about what they are thinking.
If you look around you'll notice that Vancouver is pretty Asian populated. I guess that's an obvious statement, so I digress to my point.
Today I was watching an old Chinese man tread along in the parking lot of safeway as I walked to my car after grocery shopping. He had this look of lonliness.
I wondered about his life and the circumstances that led him to Canada.
The questions as to what he gave up to come here crossed my mind. Had he come for a better life? One for his kids or maybe he was brought here as a grandpa import. I wonder if he was walking on the streets back home if he would still have the same look of lonliness.
I think about my parents and how they're very alone relative to when we're back in Brunei. I remember when we would go out they there was always a familiar face. I wonder if this is why the man was sad.
Was he alone, left to walk around town knowing no one? Maybe while his kids lived their north American lives.
I wonder...
If you look around you'll notice that Vancouver is pretty Asian populated. I guess that's an obvious statement, so I digress to my point.
Today I was watching an old Chinese man tread along in the parking lot of safeway as I walked to my car after grocery shopping. He had this look of lonliness.
I wondered about his life and the circumstances that led him to Canada.
The questions as to what he gave up to come here crossed my mind. Had he come for a better life? One for his kids or maybe he was brought here as a grandpa import. I wonder if he was walking on the streets back home if he would still have the same look of lonliness.
I think about my parents and how they're very alone relative to when we're back in Brunei. I remember when we would go out they there was always a familiar face. I wonder if this is why the man was sad.
Was he alone, left to walk around town knowing no one? Maybe while his kids lived their north American lives.
I wonder...
"i think deep down i want to be famous. not celebrity famous. but the kind of famous that comes with admiration. maybe thats where being behind the lens comes in.